Replacing Mac OS Apache with macports Apache

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Sun Feb 14 06:55:08 PST 2010

On 2010-02-13 , at 17:58 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> That is, nevertheless, the way MacPorts is designed to function. After shutting down your Apple apache server, you simply leave it off. You can do whatever you like with the contents of /etc/apache2, but MacPorts won't attempt to use anything from that directory. If there are files in there that are required for your web server setup, copy them to the right place within /opt/local/apache2.

I have found it most useful to include the following line

 Include /private/etc/apache2/users/*.conf

somewhere in the Apache configurations files. I put it in

 /opt/local/apache2/conf/extras/httpd-userdir.conf

Copying these files to the /opt directories is a maintenance nightmare and not really required.

8)