Scheduled Server Downtime tomorrow, 16th Feb

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Feb 15 09:59:52 PST 2010

Hello,

there will be a server downtime tomorrow starting at 16th February,
beginning at 8am PST (16 UTC) for the whole MacOSforge.org hosting site.
As all of our services are hosted there, this means that the
macports.org website, Subversion repository, Trac, rsync and the
mailing lists will not be available.

In urgent cases you can find the ports tree on one of the provided rsync
mirrors [1], which can be configured in sources.conf:

  rsync://arn.se.rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
  rsync://aarnet.au.rsync.macports.org/pub/macports/ports/

Please also refer to the more detailed announcement we got from the
MacOSforge administration:

| We are required to move our servers to a new building. This means
| unracking all of the equipment and driving it across town and
| reassembling it. This also means we have to change DNS records, which
| means some propagation delay. All of this boils down to a pretty
| lengthy outage. We are going to start at 8am on Tuesday the 16th and
| finish as soon as possible. If everything goes smoothly, then we
| could be done in 2-3 hours. If there are problems, it could take all
| day. I've carefully tested the new location and so I do not suspect
| any serious problems, but please be patient.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the downtime. Thanks to
Apple/MacOSforge for providing servers and support for The MacPorts Project.

For any questions and updates during the server downtime and please
visit our IRC channel #macports on FreeNode.

Rainer
- for the MacPorts Port Managers

[1] http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Mirrors