"sudo port upgrade outdated" fills HDD

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Wed Feb 17 08:18:31 PST 2010

On 17 February 2010 16:11, Sam Kuper <sam.kuper at uclmail.net> wrote:

> On 17 February 2010 16:03, Sam Kuper <sam.kuper at uclmail.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there a command to show which ports depend on boost?
>>

> I think I've got it: "port dependents boost"
>
> This gives:
>
> "libopenraw depends on boost
> inkscape depends on boost"
>
> Now I know there's a dmg for inkscape. As for libopenraw, the only thing
> ultimately depending on it is gimp-app. Since there's a dmg available for
> GIMP now as well, meaning I don't have to use the MacPorts variant of that
> program anymore either, I guess I can get rid of boost!

Or so I thought...

The command "sudo port uninstall --follow-dependents boost" yields the
following:

--->  The following versions of gimp2 are currently installed:
--->      gimp2 @2.6.6_1+darwin_9+x11
--->      gimp2 @2.6.6_2+darwin_9+x11 (active)
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the full
version as recorded in the port registry.

Argh, another stumbling block! :(

Is this related to http://trac.macports.org/ticket/11501 ? I'm going to try
to puzzle it out, but in the meantime, advice would be welcome.

Sam