macports in 32 bit on snow leopard ?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Feb 17 10:14:19 PST 2010

On Feb 17, 2010, at 12:00, Johannes Behr wrote:

> So I uninstalled macports all together and started from scratch
>
> 1) installed macports pkgs
> 2) build_arch to i386 in macports.conf
> 3) "port install" all package i need
>
> Should this work ?

This should work, for ports that know how to handle build_arch. build_arch is new for MacPorts 1.8.0 and not all ports handle it. Most should handle it automatically, but ports that say "use_configure no" in the portfile need to individually handle build_arch, and many don't. If you find ports that don't work like this, please file a ticket for each.