OT: MacBook RAM

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Wed Feb 17 13:00:09 PST 2010

On 17 February 2010 20:37, Jochen Küpper <kuepper.jochen at googlemail.com>wrote:

> > Bradley> Isn't there a 4GB kit for you MBP?
> >
> > Bradley> http://www.18004memory.com/apple-macbook-pro.asp
> >
> > Might be a third-party kit, but as far as I recall, Apple didn't promise
> > suitability for more than 3GB in this model, and I don't want to run the
> risk
> > of overtaxing anything in my one and only work machine.
>
> We also have a 2007 MacBook (not Pro) which actually has 4GB physical RAM,
> but only 3 GB available due to the chipset in the thing…

I became interested in the possibility of upgrading my Macbook as a result
of the conversation between you all, so I've looked into it now. The
following links were very helpful:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/faq/macbook-how-to-upgrade-ram.html
http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/MacBook/Testing/Memory_Benchmarks

Thanks for making me aware that this can be done!

Sam