history completion possible?

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Feb 17 15:29:41 PST 2010

Well, Bradley and Ryan,

I might be confused right now about the tab history completion. (Have to check again its exact behaviour on my linux laptop - when I feel the need to start it up again.) :)

BUT, the history completion with page up and down works differently to what arrow up and down do. The letter just scroll the history, page up and down search up and down in history for commands which start with the letters already typed in.

Say, I have entered the string "hg ci" in my command line. If I now use page up, bash will scroll through all my previous "hg ci" commands. I used this to quickly reuse old message strings, since page up would e.g. allow to reaccess something like "hg ci -m '- 12.2.10: account download' ".

I hope this makes it a bit clearer what I initially meant.

Greets,
Marko