Uninstalling ports from leaf back to branch

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Wed Feb 17 16:51:20 PST 2010

On 17 February 2010 23:46, Sam Kuper <sam.kuper at uclmail.net> wrote:

> Suppose I install two ports, CC and DD. Suppose also that CC depends only
> on AA and on BB, and that DD depends only on AA.

Maybe I should clarify that a bit.

If, on a clean system, I run "sudo port install CC" and then "sudo port
install DD", I will end up with AA, BB, CC and DD all installed.

> Is there a way to uninstall CC such that BB automatically gets uninstalled
> too, but AA is left intact because it is depended upon by DD?

In other words, given a leaf I no longer want to keep installed, is there
way to remove it and everything below it on the dependency graph back to the
first branch that leads to another leaf?