history completion possible?

Ryan Matthew Balfanz rbalfanz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 17:32:28 PST 2010

I know this thread has been going on for some time, but I thought this
might be useful: "Command-line auto completion for Hadoop DFS
commands" http://blog.rapleaf.com/dev/?p=304

It's a programatic way to generate auto-completion using bash. I
imagine it would be possible to rework it to parse a .bash_history
file just as well.

Cheers,
Ryan

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Marko Käning <mk-lists at email.de> wrote:
> >From my linux bash I am used to have history completion (using pageup and pagedown one can scroll through command history, tab completes formerly executed commands for me).
>
> How can this be achieved for my iMac's bash? (Perhaps it's not even a MacPorts issue...)

Samuel Goldwyn  - "I don't think anyone should write their
autobiography until after they're dead." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/samuel_goldwyn.html