add php5-memcached?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Feb 22 06:01:41 PST 2010

On Feb 22, 2010, at 07:19, Andrew Sutherland wrote:

> Hey guys, noob here.

Welcome!

> I'm using PHP's memcached extension. Macports hosts pecl's memcache (without the d) but not memcached, which is more fully featured and up to date. Can php5-memcached be added to Macports?

How strange that there are two extensions for the same purpose. I didn't know. Please file a port request ticket in the issue tracker.

> Alternatively/also, how do I get PECL going on PHP? Installing php5 (port install php5) doesn't get me pecl, so I can't add pecl extensions.

Also strange. I didn't know our php5 port wasn't providing pecl. That may be a good thing, though; using pecl to install extensions into the MacPorts prefix would confuse MacPorts if we ever add ports for those extensions later. So let's just get it out of the way and make ports for any extensions you need.