MacPorts OS X 10.6.2 install problem

Ian Roache deusxmac at fastmail.com.au
Wed Feb 24 20:32:06 PST 2010

I've copied a set of the default files into a working directory for reference, but using the sudo cp command as suggested returns:

Password:
usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file target_file
       cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file ... target_directory

I'll familiarise myself with the syntax and try again.

Many thanks for your help - much obliged

Ian