Build of Gimp fails on 10.6.2

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 25 05:15:19 PST 2010

On Feb 25, 2010, at 1:06 AM, Jasper Frumau wrote:

> I would not use Mac Ports to install Gimp but the image located @ http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/Download.html
> . I tried Gimp via MacPorts, but ran into problems as well. There
> are still some issues as Ryan mentioned.

However, I don't see a native port there.  MacPort provides the
possibility of running Gimp without X11, though I haven't finished
working my way through the GTK2 fix in the ticket so I can't say for
sure that all the hiccups can be gotten around.  A number of users,
including me, have found the patch to Atlas in Trac does work.

Lenore