Snow Leopard selfupdate prob

Yvon Thoraval yvon.thoraval at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 00:21:21 PST 2010

2010/2/27 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>

> Sounds like you've got a wrong version of MacPorts installed somehow --
> perhaps a 32-bit Intel version, or a PowerPC version, when what you need for
> Snow Leopard is a 64-bit Intel version. Try reinstalling MacPorts 1.8.2
> using the Snow Leopard disk image installer available on the MacPorts web
> site.

that's right, thanks for the tip ;-)

in fact i had installed :
DarwinPorts-1.7.0-10.5-Leopard.dmg where i should use better :
MacPorts-1.8.2-10.6-SnowLeopard.dmg

now, "$ sudo port -d selfupdate" is correctly working (I did a "$ rm -rf
/opt" before re-installing). No port at all was installed before on this
computer.

again thanks,

YT