syntax for uninstalling. Can I use a regex?

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Feb 28 07:49:02 PST 2010

Brandon Allbery wrote:

> May I suggest reading "man port" in a terminal window?

Thanks a lot for the patient replies from Joshua and Brandon. I did in fact
spend quite a lot of time studying "man port" before writing to the forum.
I'm sure the manual page is very clear to anyone who already knows most of
the commands.

The replies have been a big help, but it seems that I'm still not 100%
through the thicket.

I am in /opt/local and here is what happened. Are the files or directories
listed supposed to remain permanently in my file system?

sudo port clean --all name:texlive
Password:
--->  Cleaning texlive
--->  Cleaning texlive_base
--->  Cleaning texlive_texmf-docs
--->  Cleaning texlive_texmf-full
--->  Cleaning texlive_texmf-minimal
Tottie:/<1>local% find . -name "*texlive*" -print
./var/macports/receipts/texlive_texmf-minimal
./var/macports/software/texlive_texmf-minimal
./var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/tex/texlive
./var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/tex/texlive_base
./var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/tex/texlive_base/files/patch-texk_texlive_Makefile_in
./var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/tex/texlive_texmf-docs
./var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/tex/texlive_texmf-full
./var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/tex/texlive_texmf-minimal
Tottie:/<1>local% port installed texlive
None of the specified ports are installed.

I would be very grateful for further comments.
David