Pyraf question

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 1 01:51:17 PST 2010

On Dec 31, 2009, at 23:43, David Nicholls wrote:

> I have prepared what I think might be a protfile, but since my ignorance is considerable, I don't know how correct it is.  I don't know what to call it nor where to send it.  Attached below. So I also logged a port request.

Name the file "Portfile" (with no extension). To test it, put it anywhere on your hard drive, open Terminal, "cd" to that directory, and type "sudo port install" (without a port name). To submit your portfile, attach it to the ticket you filed:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23075

Before submitting, test that "sudo port install" works on as many of the supported OS / architecture combinations as possible (Mac OS X 10.4 and up), that the software the port installs works, that "port lint --nitpick" has no complaints, that "port deps" shows the correct dependencies, that "port contents" shows all the files that should be registered to the port, that "port livecheck" works, that the universal build works (or is disabled using "universal_variant no"), that selecting a different build_arch in macports.conf works (or if that's not possible, override configure.build_arch in the portfile). The Guide has many suggestions for portfile writing:

http://guide.macports.org/

So does the wiki:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes

After you submit a portfile in a ticket, a committer may make further changes before committing and advise you about future submissions.