InsightToolKit did not build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 1 17:47:01 PST 2010

On Jan 1, 2010, at 19:21, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> 	Updated to MacPorts 1.8.2, upgraded all the installed ports, and then tried to install insighttoolkit.  Installation failed and I reran the installation with debug enabled and got the following:

I saw your previous message on this topic on December 24, whereupon I tried to build InsightToolkit to see what happened for me. I did not realize how large this port is. With Snow Leopard on my 2.2 GHz MacBook Pro with build.jobs=1, I think it took over 12 hours and over 8 GB of disk space to build, after which it said it ran out of resources (I think it said memory -- this machine has 4 GB RAM and > 50GB free disk space). I simply re-ran the port install command and it completed successfully; it takes 1.6GB of disk space after installation.

If retrying (multiple times if necessary) does not lead to a successful build for you, please file a ticket in the issue tracker, as always, with as much debug output and other information about your system as you can produce. Using build.jobs=1 will also help reduce confusion and aide in reading the log.