InsightToolKit did not build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 1 18:29:40 PST 2010

On Jan 1, 2010, at 20:08, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> It is not very encouraging that it took so long your system.  I only have a dual 1.73 GHz PowerPC G4 on a 133 MHz bus (I am assuming you have a dual core intel with a faster bus) and 1 MB RAM.  Disk space is not a problem (165 GB available).

Yes, my MacBook Pro has an 800-MHz bus and two cores, but I instructed MacPorts to only use one of them ("sudo port install InsightToolkit build.jobs=1") because using both cores for this build was making the machine too slow for other tasks.

> This is the fourth time that I hit the same error.  I am wondering of the problem is trying to build to a PPC G4.  I am going to take a quick look at the source code (downloaded itk via CVS from the site) after filing a bug report.

Yes, it's certainly possible that the port doesn't work on PowerPC. I haven't tested it. My 466-MHz Power Mac G4 would probably take a week to finish the build so I'm not keen to try it...