error report when trying to install php/mamp

Ola Lundén ola.lunden at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:16:11 PST 2010

On 1/4/10 7:51 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2010-1-5 05:30 , Ola Lundén wrote:
>
>> Ok, so I've checked that the file "libinintl.dylib" exists, I've
>> de/activate gettext and found the file. But I still get the same error
>> message running my installation.
>>
> Looking at the command in your output again, it's missing
> -L/opt/local/lib, which would certainly cause the failure. When I build,
> it's
>
> /usr/bin/gcc-4.2  -o bindtextdomain.so -fPIC -bundle -L/opt/local/lib
> bindtextdomain.c -lintl
>
> as opposed to your
>
> /usr/bin/gcc-4.2  -o bindtextdomain.so -fPIC -bundle bindtextdomain.c
> -lintl

Ok, so where does this lead me? Something else that I should install?
I'll try uninstalling macports and install again, since I only have
installed apache2 and mysql5 so there shouldn't be to much trouble start
all over again.
>> When I ran the "lipo -info" command it returned:
>>      Non-fat file: /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib is architecture: x86_64
>> Which I guess is ok since I've got an MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard.
>>
> Did you upgrade to Snow Leopard from an earlier OS version? If so, did
> you follow<http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration>? I'm thinking your
> perl might be the wrong arch or something.

No it was a clean install no upgrade and after that I installed macport.
Is perl installed by default (through the OS) or does it come with the
macports installation?
>> About the other dependencies that failed to build: libtool automake
>> autoconf help2man libxml2 mhash, shouldn't the installation process take
>> care of them as well? When should they have been installed?
>>
> After help2man. They were just blocked by it failing.
>
> - Josh

Thanks for your help!
:ola