Port error, and php5+oracle issue

Celso Coutinho 20.celso at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:02:20 PST 2010

I've just formatted my mac, and I'm getting an unusual errors when I try to
install a program:

bash-3.2# port install lp_solve
--->  Computing dependencies for lp_solve
--->  Staging lp_solve into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: xinstall: Unable to chdir to
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_lp_solve/work/lp_solve_5.5/lpsolve55/bin/osx64,
No such file or directory
Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get
complete output.

Then I tried with the -d flag, but I don't think this is a bug: I had this
program before I format. This is the output:

--->  Staging lp_solve into destroot
. missing (directory not created: File exists)
./Applications missing (directory not created: File exists)
./Developer missing (directory not created: File exists)
./Library missing (directory not created: File exists)
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.destroot (lp_solve)
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: xinstall: Unable to chdir to
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_lp_solve/work/lp_solve_5.5/lpsolve55/bin/osx64,
No such file or directory
DEBUG: Backtrace: xinstall: Unable to chdir to
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_lp_solve/work/lp_solve_5.5/lpsolve55/bin/osx64,
No such file or directory
    while executing
"$procedure $targetname"
Warning: the following items did not execute (for lp_solve):
org.macports.activate org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

One other thing... I'm having enormous issues while trying to have php
accessing an oracle database. I know there's a port that does what I want
(php5-oracle), but I wonder: the only thing I have to do, is to install that
port? I tried pretty much everything that I found on the web, and the only
thing I managed to do was to mess with the built-in apache....

I would appreciate your help on those two matters... Thankz!