lp_solve (was: Port error, and php5+oracle issue)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 5 15:30:52 PST 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 14:02, Celso Coutinho wrote:

> I've just formatted my mac, and I'm getting an unusual errors when I try to install a program:
>
> bash-3.2# port install lp_solve
> --->  Computing dependencies for lp_solve
> --->  Staging lp_solve into destroot
> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: xinstall: Unable to chdir to /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_lp_solve/work/lp_solve_5.5/lpsolve55/bin/osx64, No such file or directory
> Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get complete output.
>

> Then I tried with the -d flag, but I don't think this is a bug: I had this program before I format.

I think it *is* a bug. It was reported on this list by someone else yesterday as well:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2010-January/018268.html

You probably had the prior version of the port before reformatting, and when I updated the port recently, I had to do some fiddling with regard to the directory the compiled code ended up in. I appear to have fiddled incorrectly, but without debug output from someone for whom it fails, and more information about their system, I don't know how to solve it. Please *clean* the port, *then* try again with debug output:

sudo port clean lp_solve
sudo port -d install lp_solve 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/lp_solve.txt

Then attach lp_solve.txt from your desktop to the new ticket that you file in our issue tracker:

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.html#project.tickets

Please Cc me on the ticket so I will see it right away.