Problems Upgrading gtk-doc 1.13_0

Mark Lucas mllists at arc.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 08:44:17 PST 2010

I have similar problem here. gtk-doc fails on 2 separate installations when trying to upgrade Wireshark.

I get this when trying to install gtk-doc on it's own with the -d option…

checking for /opt/local/bin/python2.6 extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
checking for openjade... no
checking for jade... no
configure: WARNING: Could not find openjade or jade, so SGML is not supported
checking for xsltproc... /opt/local/bin/xsltproc
checking for dblatex... no
checking for fop... no
configure: WARNING: neither dblatex nor fop found, so no pdf output from xml
checking for XML catalog (/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog)... found
checking for xmlcatalog... /opt/local/bin/xmlcatalog
checking for DocBook XML DTD V4.3 in XML catalog... not found
configure: error: could not find DocBook XML DTD V4.3 in XML catalog
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gtk-doc/work/gtk-doc-1.13" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-xml-catalog=/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog " returned error 1
DEBUG: Backtrace: configure failure: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gtk-doc/work/gtk-doc-1.13" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-xml-catalog=/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog " returned error 1
    while executing
"$procedure $targetname"
Warning: the following items did not execute (for gtk-doc): org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install