MySQL error installing Drupal

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 05:26:48 PST 2010

Trying to install Drupal which worked before. Wordpress runs without issues
as we speak. Now, installing Drupal  I get this error using a connection
test script:

*Warning*: mysql_connect()
[function.mysql-connect<http://localhost/drupal-6.15/function.mysql-connect>]:
[2002] No such file or directory (trying to connect via
unix:///tmp/mysql.sock) in *
/Library/WebServer/Documents/drupal-6.15/connect-test.php* on line *2*

*Warning*: mysql_connect()
[function.mysql-connect<http://localhost/drupal-6.15/function.mysql-connect>]:
No such file or directory in *
/Library/WebServer/Documents/drupal-6.15/connect-test.php* on line *2*
Could not connect: No such file or directory

Didn't have that error before. Any ideas what changed between now and a few
weeks ago and how I can solve this?

-J