py26-scipy recompile fails after installing py26-numpy @1.4.0

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 12 08:09:58 PST 2010

Quoting Faisal Moledina:

> After installing py26-numpy @1.4.0 I needed to reinstall py26-scipy
> because of the dtype issue explained described at
> http://old.nabble.com/numpy1.4-dtype-issues:-scipy.stats---pytables-td27108229.html
> and
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=hi2ern$apv$1@ger.gmane.org&forum_name=pytables-users
> .
>
> However, I'm getting an error when reinstalling scipy. I've pasted my
> debug build log at http://pastebin.ca/1747283 . Is anyone else having
> this issue?

The relevant error message from your log is "Error: Unable to find
'python.swg'". This means swig-python is probably not installed. The
swig-python dependency in py26-scipy (and 6 other ports) was declared
incorrectly and would cause this problem if you already had swig
installed but did not have swig-python installed. I fixed it in
r62628. Wait an hour, then "sudo port selfupdate" to get the change
and try again. Thanks for reporting the problem.