MySQL error installing Drupal

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:12:17 PST 2010

> > MySQL socket and MySQLi socket are not set it seems, which is odd.
>  PDO_MySQL is set, but not correct it seems. So I guess I need to add
> /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock in these three places I guess?
>
> It's not terribly odd that the mysql and mysqli socket aren't set; they
> aren't set by default. You should the default socket for mysql, mysqli and
> pdo_mysql to /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock in php.ini so you can use
> any kind of connection to the MacPorts MySQL server from any kind of PHP.

Well I am still getting:

*Warning*: mysql_connect()
[function.mysql-connect<http://localhost/drupal-6.15/function.mysql-connect>]:
[2002] No such file or directory (trying to connect via
unix:///tmp/mysql.sock) in *
/Library/WebServer/Documents/drupal-6.15/connect-test.php* on line *2*

*Warning*: mysql_connect()
[function.mysql-connect<http://localhost/drupal-6.15/function.mysql-connect>]:
No such file or directory in *
/Library/WebServer/Documents/drupal-6.15/connect-test.php* on line *2*
Could not connect: No such file or directory

Even though php.ini has been adjusted:

my-macbook-pro:etc jasper$ cat php.ini | grep mysql.sock
pdo_mysql.default_socket = /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysql.sock
mysql.default_socket = /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysql.sock
mysqli.default_socket = /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysql.sock

and

my-macbook-pro:mysql5 jasper$ cd /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/
my-macbook-pro:mysql5 jasper$ ls
mysqld.sock

I wonder what else I am missing...