Error while sudo port -d upgrade outdated

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 16 15:16:44 PST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 08:01, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? (Please cc me when replying to the
> list)
>
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
> command " cd
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_perl_p5-locale-gettext/work/gettext-1.05"
> && /opt/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor " returned error 2
> DEBUG: Backtrace: configure failure: shell command " cd
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_perl_p5-locale-gettext/work/gettext-1.05"
> && /opt/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor " returned error 2
>    while executing
> "$procedure $targetname"
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for p5-locale-gettext):
> org.macports.destroot org.macports.configure org.macports.build
> DEBUG: couldn't read file
> "/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/darwintrace1.0/pkgIndex.tcl": no such file or
> directory
>    while executing
> "source [file join $dir pkgIndex.tcl]"
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

Not from that output, no; we'll need more detailed logs. It looks like p5-locale-gettext failed, so please clean it and try again with the debug switch:

sudo port clean p5-locale-gettext
sudo port -d install p5-locale-gettext

Send the entire output as an attachment.

There are two open bug reports for p5-locale-gettext; see if your situation matches one of those:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/19381

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20793