Error while sudo port -d upgrade outdated

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 17 02:39:56 PST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 19:15, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2010, at 6:16 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Jan 16, 2010, at 08:01, Michael Kubovy wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? (Please cc me when replying to the
>>> list)
>>
>> Not from that output, no; we'll need more detailed logs. It looks like p5-locale-gettext failed, so please clean it and try again with the debug switch:
>>
>> sudo port clean p5-locale-gettext
>> sudo port -d install p5-locale-gettext
>>
>> Send the entire output as an attachment.
>
> Here's the requested output:
> <gettextOutput.txt>

Thanks. It looks like it can't find gettext:

checking for gettext... no
checking for gettext in -I/opt/local/include -arch x86_64 -L/opt/local/lib -lintl...gettext function not found. Please install libintl at Makefile.PL line 18.
 no

Though the port is installed:

DEBUG: gettext 0.17_4 exists in the ports tree
DEBUG: gettext 0.17_4  is the latest installed
DEBUG: gettext 0.17_4  is active

Have you recently upgraded to Snow Leopard from an earlier OS, and did you already have MacPorts installed on that older OS? If so, I suspect you did not uninstall and reinstall all your ports, which might cause this problem. See the Migration page for how to do this if you haven't already:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

If you have already rebuilt your ports, what's the output of the following command:

lipo -info /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib