install wine on snowleopard : zlib checksum error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 17 09:48:31 PST 2010

On Jan 17, 2010, at 07:09, Asheen Levrai wrote:

> no changes :-s   :-(
>
> sudo port clean --all zlib
> Password:
> --->  Cleaning zlib
>  sudo port install wine-devel
> --->  Computing dependencies for wine-devel
> --->  Fetching zlib
> --->  Attempting to fetch zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2 from http://arn.se.distfiles.macports.org/zlib
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for zlib
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2

arn.se.distfiles.macports.org is responding to pings for me, but not responding to web requests. Perhaps it is experiencing problems and delivered a wrong file to you. I'm glad you got it working in the mean time. For anyone else experiencing a problem, you can always download the distfile manually (from any of the locations listed by e.g. "port distfiles zlib") and put it in the place MacPorts is looking for it (e.g. /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/zlib/) and try the install again.