remove apache2 from startup items

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Jan 18 14:24:46 PST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 1:55 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2010, at 04:41, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> You can unload Apache two ways:
>>
>> sudo port unload apache2
>> - or -
>> sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/
>> org.macports.apache2.plist
>>
>> That should stop Apache from that point forward. The first method
>> will only stop Apache for that login session. The second will stop
>> Apache even beyond a reboot.
>
> Not true; both methods are completely synonymous. One is just easier
> to type and remember.

So port load/unload toggles the -w aspect of launchctl? I was not
aware of this. Good to know.

>> Either way, from there, delete the plist and you are done.
>>
>> sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist
>
> There's no reason to delete the plist. Just deactivate it as above
> and the server won't run anymore.

The OP mentioned they accidentally forgot to remove the startup item
variant.

Had the startup item variant not been installed, does that mean the
plist is still written, just with the disabled key set?

--
Scott
(Sent from a mobile device)