new install, packages have checksum mismatch

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 19 12:51:54 PST 2010

On Jan 19, 2010, at 06:01, Asheen Levrai wrote:

> > > sudo port clean --all libmcrypt
> > > sudo port clean --all mcrypt
> > > sudo port install mcrypt
> >
> > You tried those commands? What was the result?
>
> Yes but for a different install (wine, I had checksum errors for zlib and another library) I had too clean both (wine & zlib, then wine & xxx) to obtain a correct install.

Ok, sounds like you had a number of network issues then. If you remember what server the problematic downloads came from, we could investigate whether that server is having a problem. Or you could investigate whether you have an unreliable network, a faulty DNS server, or some other interference on your end.