Django

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Jan 22 09:50:04 PST 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Jasper Frumau wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2010, at 10:49 AM, Jasper Frumau wrote:
> > Jaspers-MacBook-Pro:~ jasper$ django-admin.py startproject
> > -bash: django-admin.py: command not found
>
> so django-admin.py isn't in your $PATH maybe?
>
> try running port contents py-django and see where port installed it (and then adjust your $PATH or use the full path to django-admin.py)
>
> Updated Mac Ports and outdated ports. Then I ran the command you suggest. See http://pastebin.com/m415fe1bct with all data.

you mean http://pastebin.com/m415fe1bc

It shows django-admin.py got installed here:
/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/bin/django-admin.py

This is not a directory that would normally be in your $PATH, so unless you set things up specifically for this, you won't be able to run django-admin.py without using the full path

> It is a long list with data. How can I check if the PATH is off?

You can use printenv to see all of the environment variables that are set in your shell, I would recommend you run through one of the many online unix shell tutorials if you're not familiar with this sort of thing.

--
Daniel J. Luke