apache2 +openldap trouble

sukha sukha at unioncab.com
Fri Jan 22 16:15:00 PST 2010

HI,

I am trying to use open directory  to authenticate my svn users via
apache2.

Everything was set up and working anonymously. When I added LoadModule
ldap_module and
LoadModule authnz_ldap_module to the httpd.conf I discovered they were
not in the modules folder.

I ran port install apache2 +openldap. I had to run port install apr-
util +openldap before apache2 +openldap could install.

Now I get the following error when trying to restart apache:

httpd: Syntax error on line 118 of /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/local/apache2/modules/mod_ldap.so into server:
dlopen(/opt/local/apache2/modules/mod_ldap.so, 10): Symbol not found:
_ldap_compare_s\n  Referenced from: /opt/local/apache2/modules/
mod_ldap.so\n  Expected in: dynamic lookup\n

I saw similar error referred to in regards to "mod_ssl, Apache2 and
Leopard with patch -- doesn't work" (tickets:13182and 11755), but I
wasn't sure the solution would be the same.

Any recommendations how I to move past this?

Thanks for any help!

--sukha