New install, how should I set my macports.conf

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 23 15:31:34 PST 2010

On Jan 23, 2010, at 17:13, Scott Haneda wrote:

> Store www files outside of prefix, or leave them in htdocs, or prefix/www/me ?
>
> I think this go around I'm keeping my personal data in ~. wanted to hear others methods.

Either way. MacPorts won't remove your own data in e.g. /opt/local/www/htdocs, however if you want to uninstall MacPorts and think of using "rm -rf /opt/local" to do so, this would delete your data. Storing your data outside prefix removes this risk. Of course, "rm -rf /opt/local" is not how you should uninstall MacPorts; correct uninstall instructions are in the guide.