openssh build fails under Snow Leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 25 16:18:15 PST 2010

On Jan 25, 2010, at 12:42, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> I'm getting the following when trying to install openssh under Snow
> Leopard. Can anybody point me in the right direction ?
>
> Seems to be a problem with kerberos5, but kerberos5 is installed and did
> so without any problems.
>
> --->  Building openssh
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
> "/macports/var/macports/build/_macports_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_net_openssh/work/openssh-5.3p1"
> && /Developer/usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2
> Command output:       _kg_sync_ccache_name in
> libgssapi_krb5.a(gssapi_krb5.o)
>      _kg_get_ccache_name in libgssapi_krb5.a(gssapi_krb5.o)

That is not the first error. To see the first error, clean and try again with the debug switch.

sudo port clean openssh
sudo port -d install openssh

It compiles fine here on Snow Leopard so something is different about your system. Hopefully the first error will shed some light on what that is.

Also, if you have recently upgraded to Snow Leopard, make sure you've followed the instructions in the Migration page:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration