Size of registry? (And sqlite questions)

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 19:52:58 PDT 2010

So I've got almost all of my ports cleaned out.

Kleiman-ibook:registry michael$ ls
total 25568
    0 portfiles/	25568 registry.db
Kleiman-ibook:registry michael$ port installed
  ncurses @5.7_0+universal (active)
  ncursesw @5.7_0+universal (active)
  readline @6.1.000_1+darwin+universal (active)
  sqlite3 @3.6.23.1_0+universal (active)

That registry looks large compared to the small number of ports.

I attempted to make a backup from sqlite3; but the backup was the same size.

Dumping the database didn't produce a super giant list of sql
commands, but as far as I can tell, it will only dump to the screen --
it won't save the sql commands to a file (to rebuild a compact version
of the database). Nor did I see any .compact command in sqlite3.

What's going on?

--
Political and economic blog of a strict constitutionalist
http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.com