ticket#25375 couchdb (rookie here)

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jul 2 10:36:48 PDT 2010

On Jul 2, 2010, at 9:17 AM, Scott Webster wrote:

> I've been doing this too, but I was always renaming my local ports so
> they wouldn't conflict with the "master" version.  But reading the
> guide again it seems that it just takes the order from sources.conf,
> which is convenient.

Yup, I have relied on that behavior many a time, which is indeed convenient.  And can be a huge WTF at times too.  Sometimes I forget I have a local port of something and sit there wondering what in the world is causing this ancient port to be installed when clearly there is a newer version.  Once you get a handle on how this all works, and how you can even completely ignore the local repo and work on say, you Desktop if you want to run a quick hack type test, it all comes tother really nicely.