Size of registry? (And sqlite questions)

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 10:43:40 PDT 2010

Ok, I'm trying to shrink the macports sql database.

I made a copy of the db, and then tried this:

Kleiman-ibook:tmp michael$ sqlite3 foo.db ".dump" > redo.sql
Kleiman-ibook:tmp michael$ touch new.db
Kleiman-ibook:tmp michael$ sqlite3 new.db < redo.sql
Error: near line 6: no such collation sequence: VERSION
Error: near line 7: no such table: ports
Error: near line 8: no such table: ports
Error: near line 9: no such table: ports
Error: near line 10: no such table: ports
Error: near line 3414: no such table: sqlite_sequence
Error: near line 3415: no such table: sqlite_sequence
Error: near line 3416: no such table: main.ports
Error: near line 3417: no such table: main.ports
Error: near line 3418: no such table: main.ports

Kleiman-ibook:tmp michael$ sqlite3 foo.db ".dump" | head
PRAGMA foreign_keys=OFF;
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE metadata (key UNIQUE, value);
INSERT INTO "metadata" VALUES('version',1.0);
INSERT INTO "metadata" VALUES('created','1276926419');
CREATE TABLE ports (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, name TEXT
COLLATE NOCASE, portfile CLOB, url TEXT, location TEXT, epoch INTEGER,
version TEXT COLLATE VERSION, revision INTEGER, variants TEXT,
negated_variants TEXT, state TEXT, date DATETIME, installtype TEXT,
archs TEXT, requested INT, os_platform TEXT, os_major INTEGER, UNIQUE
(name, epoch, version, revision, variants), UNIQUE (url, epoch,
version, revision, variants));
INSERT INTO "ports"
VALUES(137,'ncurses','',NULL,'/opt/local/var/macports/software/ncurses/5.7_0+universal',0,'5.7',0,'+universal','','installed',1268287431,'image','',0,'','');

So we've got the tables being created, yet complaints about no such table.

... And why the complaint about VERSION when it is generating VERSION
in the dump?