Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider using selfupdate

Emmanuel Hainry milosh at macports.org
Tue Jul 6 01:37:30 PDT 2010

Recently, each port command gave me a line of warning:
" Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider using
selfupdate"

So, I of course updated my port definitions using "svn update". It
however kept on telling me that. So I did a selfupdate which ran svn up
once more and finally told me that Macports base is already the latest
revision. And since the message disappeared, it probably did something
more, but what? Indexing the ports?

Conclusions:
1. This message is wrong: my port definitions are up to date.
2. The tip is wrong: I don't want to use selfupdate to solve the
obsolescence of the "definitions", I want to use "port sync" (Does it
also erase this message?). I would prefer to be able to use "svn update"
however.
3. What does "definitions" mean? Portfiles or PortIndex or something
else?

Emmanuel