sqlite error: disk I/O error

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Thu Jul 8 05:09:20 PDT 2010

+ Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>:

> I pressed Control-C while MacPorts was activating a port. Now anything I do with port gives me:
> [...]
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, sqlite error: disk I/O error (10) while executing query: ATTACH DATABASE '/opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db' AS registry
>

> How do I recover?

Assuming the error message is accurate, it probably has nothing to do
with your pressing Control-C and everything to do with a bad disk. In
which case I would replace it ASAP. I think real disk I/O errors are
logged to /var/log/system.log. Check there. You can also check if
  cat /opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db > /dev/null
produces any errors.

If the error message is bogus and your disk is okay, I think the best
you can do is to restore registry.db from backup. Or better all of
/opt/local, since an old registry.db will not accurately reflect the
state of your ports tree.

- Harald