Gimp Gap - Uninstall

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 8 09:40:01 PDT 2010

On Jul 8, 2010, at 09:38, T Jassub wrote:

> I recently installed macports and tried to Install Gimp Gap (OS X 10.6.4) by running the command "sudo port install gimp-app gimp-gap"
>
> It was computing dependencies, getting files and building them (for many many hours) but it seemed to hang on one...perhaps I ran out of disk space. Anyway, I would like to know the procedure on how to uninstall/undo gimp gap on my system.

sudo port -p uninstall gimp-gap gimp-app

This will uninstall gimp-gap and gimp-app but leave any dependencies that were installed. To remove them as well, check the output of "port installed leaves"; if it looks like these are all things you did not explicitly request to be installed (i.e. were merely installed as dependencies), you can "sudo port -p uninstall leaves" to remove them. Parts of this might fail if dependencies aren't uninstalled in the correct order, in which case, repeat the command until all leaves are uninstalled.

If you first installed MacPorts with version 1.9 or greater this should be fine. If you initially installed 1.8.x or earlier, then the "leaves" feature won't automatically know what ports are leaves and what ports were requested. In that case you can use "sudo port setrequested foo" for each port foo that you do in fact want to keep, (and/or "sudo port unsetrequested bar" for each port bar that you don't want to keep) before trying to uninstall leaves.