Problem w/ Selfupdate

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 9 11:07:06 PDT 2010

On Jul 9, 2010, at 10:32, Johannes Ruscheinski wrote:

> When I run "sudo port selfupdate" I get:
>
> --->  Updating the ports tree
> Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing an svn update
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Couldn't sync the
> ports tree: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
>
> I'd also like to add that this only happened the 2nd time and that the
> selfupdate seemed to work the first time.  I'd be happy to try
> anything and/or post log files if someone tells me where to find them.

selfupdate updates MacPorts base if necessary, then updates your port definitions. Are you sure it wasn't that the first time you needed to update base, so it updated base, and then errored on updating the port definitions, and then the second time it only needed to update the port definitions and failed there immediately?

This FAQ entry may be relevant:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#selfupdatefails