"shell command failed": for multiple ports on 1.9.1

Harry van der Wolf hvdwolf at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:01:14 PDT 2010

2010/7/9 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>

> On Jul 9, 2010, at 09:48, Harry van der Wolf wrote:
>
> > I received this "shell command failed" for dbus-glib (0.86_1) and I filed
> a ticket for it at the macports trac (see here) as it also failed on 1.8.1.
> > However, I now get the same "shell command failed" error also for lame,
> libmad and wine.
>
> "shell command failed" doesn't tell us anything; we need to know what shell
> command failed and with what error message. I've added a message to your
> Trac ticket about the specific error you mentioned there. If you have other
> errors to report with other ports, please do so.

Sorry for not being more clear. I simply assumed the "shell command failed"
always had the same reason.
Your additional info to the ticket mentioned
here<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/25581>was indeed the solution for
that problem with dbus-glib, but not for the
others.
I will collect and analyze the log files, search the tracker and I will file
tickets. Either with a solution or for an open bug.

Harry