gross error

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jul 9 13:07:03 PDT 2010

On Jul 9, 2010, at 11:57 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> You may be able to obtain the hardware test CD from Apple for some amount of money.

Correct, $20.00 (Or was it $15.00) for the cost of shipping and handling.  You can ask any Apple Store to help you make this process happen. Before the Apple Store, I spent many hours on the phone trying to get replacement CD's as some simply stopped booting over time.  Now it is simple, walk into the store, and more often than not, they don't want to deal with the hassle of locating the paperwork and forms, and maybe don't have the experience to know how to even manage the sale.  I have been handed a copy of a disc from behind the counter and asked "will this work for you?", in which case I'm on my way.

The only trouble is, if you are after the Apple HardWare Test/Apple Diagnostic Tools, it CAN'T be a retail installer disc, it has to be the correctly keyed disc for that hardware, which can be a bit of trouble to find.  Those tools don't exist on the retail version installers.
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)