Building Python+GTK for Quartz

Chris Van Bael chris.van.bael at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 10:39:09 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to build a native GTK to use with a python application on
Snow Leopard (or Leopard, I have installed both).
My problem is that Tk doesn't build; I get several error sin tkMacOSXButton.c.

What did I do?
- I added +no_x11 +quartz to /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf
- I ran sudo port install py25-game

However, I've found following tickets:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/20799
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/25221 -> this one seems to be still open.
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/22954 -> this one also seems to be open.

My problem is that I'm quite new to MacPorts, and don't know what's
done automatically and which patches I have to add manually (and how).
Can anybody explain to me the exact steps I have to take to get a
working Python/Pygame combination?

Thanks,

Chris