please help

Zachary Gottlieb zak833 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 20:33:38 PDT 2010

I am not a programmer, but I was directed to Macports by a photography
program called "Hugin." I was advised in the help section to download
"autopano-sift-C" via Macports, and since then I have run into trouble. I
have no idea how to run the so-called port command in order to
download/apply the portfile for autopano-sift-C. If this is easy enough for
a somewhat tech-savvy amateur to do, I would really appreciate advice on how
to proceed.

Either way, downloading Macports added a ton of files to my computer, most
of which I probably won't need. Once the application has been installed,
will it be necessary to keep all of the components of Macport on my
computer? Whether or not it would, I would be very grateful for any advice
on how to uninstall Macport and all of these components entirely.

I'm sorry for getting in over my head with this, but I'd really appreciate
any help you could supply.