Can't Install gcc46

Johannes Ruscheinski ruschein at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 10:04:56 PDT 2010

I've now tried for 2 days in a row to install gcc46 and it has hung at

--->  Attempting to fetch gcc-java-4.6-20100612.tar.bz2 from
ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/4.6-20100612/

about a dozen times.  Is there anything that can be done about that?
--
Johannes

Obligatory current favourite quotes:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
false, and by the rulers as useful".
 -- Seneca
"I have more confidence in the methods of science, based on the amazing
record of science and its ability over the centuries to answer
unanswerable questions, than I do in the methods of faith (what are they?)."
 -- David J. Gross "Physics Nobel Laureate"

"Atheism is a religion to the same extent that not collecting stamps is a
 hobby."
 -- seen on Slashdot.org