cputype problem on snow leopard

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Jul 20 12:10:57 PDT 2010

On Jul 20, 2010, at 11:26 AM, Anne Poupon wrote:
>   I'm trying to install postgresql on snow leopard, and it looks like I have a cputype problem...

did you just upgrade to Snow Leopard?

If so, did you follow the migration instructions? (http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration)

> :error:configure File /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib contains unexpected architecture cputype.

what does `file /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib` say?

>   When I try to launch postgresql I get:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.5.
> dylib
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/psql
>   Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
>     /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.5.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
> Trace/BPT trap

stuff in /usr/local can interfere with macports, you should probably move /usr/local aside (say to /usr/off) while you build stuff with Macports or remove it if you can.

--
Daniel J. Luke