openssh loads sshd?

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 21:08:36 PDT 2010

Hi.  I recently installed sshfs.  I just did an upgrade of my ports
and when it upgraded openssh (a dependency of sshfs) it told me to run
"sudo port load openssh".  When I followed the instructions I got a
dialong popup asking me if I wanted to allow sshd to accept incoming
network connections.  This sounds a lot like I would be running an ssh
server, which isn't my intention and sounds like a security problem.
Is this somehow necessary just to use sshfs mounts?  Or are perhaps
the default instructions not quite as clear as I would like about what
is going to happen?

Thanks for any clarifications,

Scott