cputype problem on snow leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 22 03:06:54 PDT 2010

On Jul 22, 2010, at 04:42, Vincent Habchi wrote:

> Le 22 juil. 2010 à 11:36, Anne Poupon a écrit :
>
>> 3.06 GHz intel core 2 duo ...
>
> Somehow, this is all wrong. You should have a two-way Intel universal lipo:
>
> PM: /usr/bin/lipo -info /usr/bin/lipo
> Architectures in the fat file: /usr/bin/lipo are: x86_64 i386
>
> ---
>
> and Snow Leopard does not work with PPC, so you should not have any PPC binaries.

Yes, we've already established that her lipo is not appropriate for her operating system. Somehow her lipo has been replaced with an earlier version, as also happened for the reporter of #24825. It's not particularly interesting to know how this happened; she just needs to copy a correct version of lipo back in place.

Anne, sorry, you're right, lipo is not directly available on the Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD as I had initially thought. It's in the BSD.pkg installation package, though, which on my Snow Leopard DVD is in /System/Installation/Packages. It might be easiest to get it out of that package using Pacifist, then copy it into /usr/bin replacing the wrong one that's there.