Trying to update a Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 22 05:09:28 PDT 2010

On Jul 22, 2010, at 06:51, Harry van der Wolf wrote:

> This simplifies the Portfile. Building is succesful but.. the install_name is still not in the libraries.

The setting from the cmake portgroup that AFAIK should have fixed this is:

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR=${prefix}/lib

If that doesn't do it, you may have to manually run install_name_tool (e.g. in the post-build phase) to fix it up.

> Where can I find all this info you so easily provide?
> I always look at guide.macports.org but this info isn't in that guide.

You're right; the Guide is missing a lot of stuff, and inaccurate about other things (a lot of things changed in 1.9)

Your best bet is to read the source code, e.g. in this case:

http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/cmake-1.0.tcl