Gnuplot Library Issues

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 23 20:32:02 PDT 2010

On Jul 23, 2010, at 22:27, Anthony Michael Agelastos wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2010, at 11:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>

>> On Jul 23, 2010, at 21:46, Anthony Michael Agelastos wrote:
>>
>>> I am having some Gnuplot/Freetype/Octave issues that I would greatly appreciate help with.
>>>
>>> I have 2 Mac machines, one's a 64-bit iMac and one's a 32-bit MacBook Pro.  Both are running Snow Leopard with all of the software fully updated (except I just saw that Xcode was updated to 3.2.3... I am running 3.2.2).  Anyways, on my 32-bit laptop, when I am in Octave (not MacPorts' Octave since it won't build,
>>
>> Is there a ticket for this already?
>
> No.  I am not sure what the real problem is, so I wanted to ask the list first.  If you feel I should, I can open one up.  Whom should I assign as the maintainer (gnuplot is owned by nomaintainer and freetype is owned by you)?

I meant a ticket about your inability to build MacPorts octave.

>> MacPorts libfreetype.6.dylib currently provides version 12.0.0. Do you possibly have an environment variable whose name begins with "DYLD" set pointing at a directory containing an older version of libfreetype? Or is your libfreetype somehow not the correct architecture?
>>

> Not that I know of.  How do I check this?  When I type in env, the following is output.

Just like that, so I'd agree you don't have any DYLD variables set.

What's the library version of /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib? Use "otool -L /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib" to see. For what architectures is it built? Use "lipo -info /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib" to see.