Trying to update a Portfile

Harry van der Wolf hvdwolf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 02:09:21 PDT 2010

2010/7/22 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>

> I'm afraid I have not had the time to devote to understand how cmake wants
> me to think, so it's still a bit of a mystery to me. You can always fix
> things up afterward, e.g. by running install_name_tool in a post-build
> phase.
>
> On Jul 22, 2010, at 08:06, Harry van der Wolf wrote:
>

> > 2010/7/22 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
> > On Jul 22, 2010, at 06:51, Harry van der Wolf wrote:
> >
> > > This simplifies the Portfile. Building is succesful but.. the
> install_name is still not in the libraries.
> >
> > The setting from the cmake portgroup that AFAIK should have fixed this
> is:
> >
> > -DCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR=${prefix}/lib
> >
> > If that doesn't do it, you may have to manually run install_name_tool
> (e.g. in the post-build phase) to fix it up.
> >

> > I already tried that: both in MacPorts and in  the standard "non
> macports" cmake build as cmake command line option. Neither worked. cmake is
> wrong or hugin, but I guess cmake as it is a build/compile/link option.
> > I also patched one of the CMakelists files and added:
> > IF(APPLE)
> >   SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES (huginvigraimpex  PROPERTIES INSTALL_NAME_DIR
> "${prefix}/lib")
> > ENDIF(APPLE)
> >
> > (note that the properties syntax is different from the command line
> syntax).
> > That didn't work either also not with harcoded /opt/local/lib. Another
> target property I quickly entered did work. cmake wrong?
> > I absolutely remember that it used to work. I built hugin lots of times.
> >
> > The story continues...
> > Harry

I updated to cmake 2.8.2 and that fixed the issues with the install_name.
That was on Sunday morning.
Currently I'm facing other issues w.r.t. dependencies not wanting to build
either universal or x86_64, so I'm not done yet.

(Slightly Off Topic:  Last Sunday I did from root /, a "ls -l /usr/local",
where I also have some developments and decided that I could get rid of it.
So I did a "sudo rm -rf *" from root(!). At the time I did see the errors
due to locks on /dev "items", my harddisk was almost completely empty.
I had to restore everything but my Leopard DVD was damaged, so I decided to
update to Snow Leopard. I could restore all my data but I have to rebuild
MacPorts on Snow Leopard and that gives all kind of problems like the above
mentioned universal (i386 x86_64) and/or ports not wanting to build as
x86_64.)

Harry